Legal challenges pertaining to the issues of marriage and human sexuality are some of the most significant facing religious organizations today. In response to this change in the legal climate, the Pacific Justice Institute, a nonprofit legal defense organization specializing in the defense of religious freedom, parental rights, and other civil liberties, has produced a helpful resource. This free resource includes sample language for bylaws, a marriage policy, and a facilities use policy, all tailored to assist churches and other religious organizations in protecting theological integrity, governance and their activities in the realm of marriage and human sexuality. Download this resource here.
- Guest Post: Why Churches Need an Executive Pastor
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination Under Title VII: Exploring the Developing Circuit Split
- Expelling a Student May Violate Pennsylvania’s Public Accommodation Law, Even for a Religious College
- Employment Law Update: 7th Circuit Reverses Course: Title VII Protects Against Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- The Importance of Clarity in Religious School Codes of Conduct