Legal challenges pertaining to the issues of marriage and human sexuality are some of the most significant facing religious organizations today. In response to this change in the legal climate, the Pacific Justice Institute, a nonprofit legal defense organization specializing in the defense of religious freedom, parental rights, and other civil liberties, has produced a helpful resource. This free resource includes sample language for bylaws, a marriage policy, and a facilities use policy, all tailored to assist churches and other religious organizations in protecting theological integrity, governance and their activities in the realm of marriage and human sexuality. Download this resource here.
- The Importance of Clarity in Religious School Codes of Conduct
- Recent Clergy Privilege Case Serves as a Tale of Caution
- Yes, Religious Schools Can Apply Their Student Handbooks to Student Discipline
- "[W]riting on the wall is not enough." 7th Circuit Refuses to Read Sexual Orientation Discrimination Protection into Title VII
- Part 6: Legal Problems with Pre-Employment Evaluations