Under IDEA, school districts have an obligation called "child find." This means the district has an obligation to identify each child within the district who is a child with a disability, whether or not the child is in public school, or is even school age. If your child has a disability, he or she is entitled to a free appropriate public education (FAPE). The process begins when someone requests an evaluation of the child.
clickable chart on educating children with disabilities
- Coach Praying on the Fifty-Yard Line Not Entitled to First Amendment Protection
- Defining “Other Legal Disability” and Tolling Colorado’s Statute of Limitations
- Expelling a Student May Violate Pennsylvania’s Public Accommodation Law, Even for a Religious College
- The Importance of Clarity in Religious School Codes of Conduct
- Yes, Religious Schools Can Apply Their Student Handbooks to Student Discipline