Mission organizations may face different types of cases: breach of contract, financial disputes, personal injury, property disputes, or employment issues. Some disputes may involve religious law or religious liberties issues and statutes such as RLUIPA. A common area requiring expertise is child sexual abuse litigation.
Anatomy of a Lawsuit - Clickapedia
What to expect when you get sued
- Managing Conflict
- Litigation Begins
- Learning the Facts
- Initial Disclosures
- The Discovery Process
- Serving on a Nonprofit Board: Avoid the Attorney Pitfalls
- How to Properly Withdraw from or Step Into a Case
- 6 Things To Do If Your Business Gets Sued
- Are Nonprofit Organizations in Colorado Protected by Charitable Immunity?
- A Blockbuster Term for Business: Highlights from the U.S. Supreme Court’s October 2017 Term