Firm Admin Assistant and Paralegal Position Available
This person will work both as an Admin Assistant and as a Paralegal.
An Admin Assistant processes a variety of information for the firm. An Admin Assistant is comfortable interacting with others, has good organizational skills, is detail-oriented, is self-motivated, and is willing to learn the ins and outs of new systems and processes. A Paralegal takes this to the next level by reviewing documents, filing legal documents, organizing legal files, and drafting simple documents.
The attendance requirements of the job are to be available during regular business hours, and generally present at the firm’s location of 19925 Monument Hill Road. However, this may be flexible upon discussion. The position is either part-time or full-time.
Supervisor contact information:
Theresa Sidebotham, 855-748-4201, email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Admin Assistant/Paralegal
- Communicate well and promptly with team members;
- Handle confidential files with great discretion;
- Be proficient on all firm computer programs (training is available);
- Handle general file maintenance and organization, which includes filing and indexing documents and emails;
- Handle firm’s bookkeeping, data entry, and data reports;
- Handle other business needs of the firm as requested;
- Scan all paper documents; file, return, or destroy paper documents;
- Review, organize, and Bates stamp documents;
- Handle project assignments such as drafting simple documents under the direct supervision of an attorney;
- File pleadings in state and federal court or administrative courts;
- Handle matter-related phone calls as needed;
- Review and process firm mail;
- Mail letters and packages as needed;
- Travel to courts, libraries, offices, hospitals, etc., to obtain documents and records;
- Process documents as requested: proofreading; editing; formatting; creating PDFs, etc.; and
- Perform other work duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, or Business Administration);
- Strong writing skills required;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet firm’s needs during periods of heavy workload;
- Ability to create graphics desirable;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat preferred; and
- Experience with Quickbooks or other bookkeeping program.
Competencies for Position
Gets along with others; has sound judgment; respects others; self-starter; organized; independent worker; good task focus; accurate; communicates with ease; self-screens work; open to others’ ideas; not easily overwhelmed; forward-thinking attitude.
Please send your completed application, resume, cover letter, a college transcript (only if you are a current student or recent graduate), and a writing sample of 5-10 pages that has not been significantly edited by anyone else, to Theresa Sidebotham at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Telios Law, P.O. Box 3488, Monument, CO 80132