See instructions for how to apply at the end.
Telios Law is seeking an Administrative Assistant primarily assisting the Marketing Director and the Paralegal. First, let’s introduce Telios Law.
What Telios Law is About
Telios Law believes legal solutions should bring healing and life.
We know legal needs get tangled up with conflicts and interpersonal problems that can sabotage missions and create financial chaos. Telios Law creates legal solutions that can help solve conflicts in ways that heal people and preserve their vision, besides protecting them from liability.
When we practice law in a way that prioritizes healing and reconciliation, it helps our clients build healthy, safe work environments.
Any trustworthy law practice must produce excellent legal work, but competence isn't the only skill to build. We attain excellence based on good information and communication. We nurture relationships with clients and coworkers, seeking to bring them life and truth. We are constant learners who regularly acquire and incorporate new information and skills.
Telios Law works extensively with religious organizations, primarily on business policies, religious liberties, child safety, HR and employment law, and international questions. We advise on and supervise many child abuse or other misconduct investigations. Our litigation includes pro-life work.
An Admin Assistant processes a variety of information for the firm. The assistant should be comfortable interacting with others, have good organizational skills, be detail-oriented, be self-motivated, and willing to learn the ins and outs of new systems and processes. Training is available on specific software and processes, but the firm is heavily digital and cloud-based and the Admin Assistant must be generally proficient with computers.
The attendance requirements of the job are to be available during regular business hours, and generally present at the firm’s location of 19925 Monument Hill Road. However, this may be flexible upon discussion or situational health needs.
The job is for a 40-hour week. Benefits include health insurance (HRA), some flexibility with hours, and paid vacation time.
Supervisor contact information:
Theresa Sidebotham, 855-748-4201, firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential (But Not Exhaustive) Duties and Responsibilities for Admin Assistant/Paralegal
- Disinfect surfaces according to COVID-19 protocol;
- Maintain Great Room and Conference Room;
- Open/close blinds to protect the rug;
- Tidy area as needed;
- Monitor supplies and keep supply closets organized for:
- Office supplies;
- Order or purchase supplies; unpack and store;
- Check mail and porch lock box regularly; distribute to team and tenants;
- Run errands;
- Mail letters and packages;
- Monitor dishwasher and clean kitchen;
- Take out and bring in trash/recycling;
- Water outside planters and garden areas;
- Order and pick up food for events as needed; and
- Clean up after events as needed.
Duties Related to Tenants of Office Building
- Post office spaces when they are for rent and assist with rental process;
- Collect rent regularly; maintain rental spreadsheet and send reminders;
- Follow-up when it’s time to renew lease or renter’s insurance; and
- Communicate office updates and news to tenants; field questions and phone calls.
- Sometimes greet potential clients at consultations/meetings:
- Seat potential client;
- Offer refreshments;
- Accept payment; and
- Field and give direction to receptionist for phone calls not otherwise handled.
- Work on templates/checklists for firm processes as directed;
- Calculate hours or other data needed as directed;
- Research information as directed;
- Communicate well and promptly with team members;
- Handle confidential files with great discretion;
- Be proficient on all firm computer programs (training is available);
- Handle general file maintenance and organization, which includes filing and indexing documents and emails;
- Handle other business needs of the firm as requested;
- Scan all paper documents; file, return, or destroy paper documents; and
- Perform other work duties as assigned.
- Assist with checking and maintaining:
- Numerous online listings;
- Analytics & data;
- Capture email data for monthly e-newsletter (opens, clicks, bounces, etc.);
- Enter new contacts into email lists; and
- Periodically clean emails;
- Enter new blogs into firm website;
- Enter news items into firm website;
- Update Events/Seminars page; and
- Based on skill level, assist with Marketing Director with overall site maintenance.
- Assist with collecting items before presentations/putting items away;
- Ordering/reordering supplies (business cards, fliers, etc.)
- Completed blogs;
- Presentation outlines; and
- Published articles.
Qualifications and Competencies
Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree obtained or in progress (preferably in Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, or Business Administration);
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to take direction from several people;
- Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet firm’s needs during periods of heavy workload;
- Ability to create graphics desirable;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat preferred; and
- Proficiency posting information online preferred.
Gets along with and respects others; has sound judgment; self-starter who requires minimal oversight; organized with attention to detail; good task focus; accurate; communicates with ease; self-screens work; open to others’ ideas; and not easily overwhelmed.
This posting is for a three months’ temporary full-time job with the possibility of a full-time, long-term job offer thereafter.
Annual salary will be up to $40,000, depending on relevant experience and training.
All submissions must include a resume, an application, and a cover letter describing why you want the job.
To apply, contact: Carole Engler at
- 855-748-4201 or
Before job offers are finalized, a criminal background check will be necessary.