Nicole earned her J.D. from George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School in 2011. She was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 2014. While in law school, Nicole was a legal extern with Americans United for Life and helped the organization advance life-affirming laws at the state level. Nicole was also part of the George Mason Domestic Relations Legal Clinic and interned in a family law office where she provided legal assistance to low-income Virginia residents seeking uncontested divorces. As a law student, Nicole represented these clients in Ore Tenus hearings under the supervision of attorneys at the firm.
Before law school, Nicole worked in Washington, D.C. as a Legislative Assistant to two Members of Congress. During her time on Capitol Hill, Nicole provided policy analysis and voting recommendations to Members of Congress on a variety of public policy matters, wrote speeches, drafted committee statements and questions, wrote floor statements, produced legislation and amendments to legislation, met and developed networks with constituents and interest groups, and worked on regional projects. In addition, Nicole served as an intern to Former Attorney General Ed Meese in the Center for Legal and Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation. Nicole also served as an intern in the Office of Strategic Initiatives at The White House during the George W. Bush Administration.
After law school, Nicole pursued both her political and legal interests in Colorado, providing legal analysis to politically conservative organizations. Nicole received her Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Political Science from Westmont College.
Nicole is a horse enthusiast and enjoys riding and jumping horses every chance she gets. She also enjoys camping and hiking with her family in the great outdoors. Nicole and her husband, Jeff, have four children.
- Colorado, May 2014; District of Colorado
Prior Legal Employment & Experience
- Independent Contractor, Denver, Colorado (May '14 - Aug '18)
- Drafted legal documents, memos, hosted podcast, performed opposition research, and participated in political commercials
- Legal Intern, The Bowen Law Firm, Fairfax, Virginia (Nov '11 - May '14)
- Provided legal assistance to low income Virginia residents seeking uncontested divorces through the George Mason Domestic Relations Legal Clinic
- Represented clients in the Fairfax County Circuit Court at Ore Tenus hearings
- Assisted attorneys with case research, interviewed witnesses for trial, prepared discovery documents, and conducted discovery meetings with clients
- Extern, Americans United for Life, Washington, DC (Sep '11 - Nov '11)
- Researched state statutes and created 50 state charts on artificial reproductive technology law, abortion law, and health care advance directives
- Drafted memo for state legislators to submit to the Virginia Attorney General making the case that current Virginia abortion law does not legally permit telemed abortions
- Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Representative Judge Ted Poe, R-TX (Aug '07 - Sep '09)
- Assisted Representative Poe on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs; advised Member on armed services, veterans' issues, education, and labor
- Drafted committee and floor statements and questions, produced legislation and amendments, planned international Congressional trips, met and developed networks with constituents and interest groups
- Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Representative Steven C. LaTourette, R-OH (Jul '05 - Aug '07)
- Assisted Representative LaTourette as co-chair of the Nursing Caucus; advised Member on legislation related to education, energy, environmental policy, welfare reform, immigration, and judiciary
- Drafted legislation, managed appropriations efforts, worked with the Ohio delegation on regional projects, and communicated with constituents
- Intern, Heritage Foundation Center for Legal and Judicial Studies (Jun '04 - Aug '04)
- Performed research for fellows, including former Attorney General Ed Meese
- Wrote and presented "The Legal Legacy of Ronald Reagan"
- Researched at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library for the book, To Preserve and Protect, published by Heritage Foundation
- Intern, The White House Office of Strategic Initiatives (Aug '03 - Dec '03)
- Assisted director and deputy directors in coordinating long-range presidential priorities
- Conducted research and proofed briefs for Karl Rove
- Compiled policy report on "'Promises Made, Promises Kept" for director
- George Mason University, Arlington, VA
- Juris Doctor December 2011
- Activities: Federalist Society, 2007-20011
- Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy (May 2005)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science (May 2005)
- Activities: Student Body President (2004-2005)