Legal challenges pertaining to the issues of marriage and human sexuality are some of the most significant facing religious organizations today. In response to this change in the legal climate, the Pacific Justice Institute, a nonprofit legal defense organization specializing in the defense of religious freedom, parental rights, and other civil liberties, has produced a helpful resource. This free resource includes sample language for bylaws, a marriage policy, and a facilities use policy, all tailored to assist churches and other religious organizations in protecting theological integrity, governance and their activities in the realm of marriage and human sexuality. Download this resource here.
- Serving on a Nonprofit Board: Avoid the Attorney Pitfalls
- Worldwide Watch on Religious Restrictions
- Texas Court Affirms Faith-Based School’s Right to Manage its Discipline Decisions
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules for Colorado Baker: Answering Questions About the Masterpiece Cakeshop Case
- Guest Post: Thanks Anyway, Uncle Sam: Churches Don’t Need Government Protection from Politics