Crisis management is a hot topic, and good security is an important preventive of crises. Media Impact International has produced an in-depth Cyber Security Report in the missional context—particularly directed at those serving in creative access areas. This report explains threats, shares a survey on current practices, and walks the reader through risk assessment and mitigation. A high percentage of organizations surveyed had suffered cyber security breaches, sometimes because of sophisticated cyber attack tools, sometimes because of government action, and sometimes because of internal error. This shocking reality makes the suggestions for risk mitigation especially pertinent.
The report is found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_meluQvgsVVaDJiazI3V1NXTlk/view
Thanks to Doug Lagassé of Secure Care Services for sharing this memo.
Featured Image: ”Hacking” by Pixabay.
- Guest Post: Security Update on Nicaragua Security Benchmarks
- Four Points on Managing Former Employees and Corporate Data
- U.S. State Department Launches New Consular Security and Safety Messaging System
- Guest Post: Biblical Principles for Church Security
- The Pros and Cons of “Less is More” as a Crisis Management Strategy