In the tumultuous aftermath of the Johnson Amendment having been not repealed, the best explanation that we at Telios Law have come upon can be found over at Wagenmaker & Oberly LLC. In their blog, “Thanks Anyway, Uncle Sam: Churches Don’t Need Government Protection from Politics,” they make clear a rather complicated topic --we highly recommend giving it a read.
The views and opinions expressed in this guest post belong to the author, who is responsible for its content, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Telios Law PLLC.
For more information about the authors, please visit Wagenmaker & Oberly, LLC.
Featured Image: "Unnamed" by Stephen Radford on Unsplash.
- Guest Post: "Orr Not: Ecclesiastical Abstention Doctrine Bars Pastor’s Claims Arising from Internal Sexual Harassment Investigation"
- Texas Court Affirms Faith-Based School’s Right to Manage its Discipline Decisions
- Ten Tips for Preventing Bullying in Your Mission
- Back to Basics: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse after #MeToo and Larry Nassar
- Guest Post: Tax Reform Implications for Christian Nonprofit Donations