Terms and Definitions: Informed Consent
There are times when informed consent is required from a parent. It is required to evaluate a child. Parental consent is also separately required to begin special education services. Informed consent can be a problem if there is not a parent available with educational decision-making authority. Informed consent is not required to continue services under a revised IEP.
clickable chart on educating children with disabilities
- Texas Court Affirms Faith-Based School’s Right to Manage its Discipline Decisions
- Fitness for Duty and Mental Health, Part 2
- Coach Praying on the Fifty-Yard Line Not Entitled to First Amendment Protection
- Defining “Other Legal Disability” and Tolling Colorado’s Statute of Limitations
- Expelling a Student May Violate Pennsylvania’s Public Accommodation Law, Even for a Religious College