Because they receive Federal money, public schools have a statutory requirement to comply with IDEA and Section 504. If your child has a disability the chances are good that you will receive better special education and related services in a public school than in a private school.
clickable chart on educating children with disabilities
- Fitness for Duty and Mental Health, Part 2
- Coach Praying on the Fifty-Yard Line Not Entitled to First Amendment Protection
- Defining “Other Legal Disability” and Tolling Colorado’s Statute of Limitations
- Expelling a Student May Violate Pennsylvania’s Public Accommodation Law, Even for a Religious College
- The Importance of Clarity in Religious School Codes of Conduct