Main menu

School Request - Educating Children with Disabilities

clickable chart on educating children with disabilities - navigating the maze 

by School Request

If your child’s teacher or other educational professional thinks that your child may have a disability of some kind, the professional can request an evaluation of your child. Your informed consent is required. You can agree for your child to be evaluated, or you can refuse. If you refuse, then school will either drop the matter or file a due process complaint against you. (There are exceptions to the need to obtain parental permission, such as when the parents are missing or when parental rights have been terminated.)

clickable chart on educating children with disabilities

Special Education Clickapedia IDEA & Section 504 Concepts Fair and Appropriate Public Education Child Find Kinds of Schools Public Schools Private Schools Special Schools Disability Evaluating and Assessing by Parent Request by School Request Independent Educational Evaluation Ongoing Evaluations Special Education and Related Services Section 504 Plan Individualized Educational Program Extended School Year Transition Plan Dispute Process Due Process State Complaint Office of Civil Rights Administrative Appeal Mediation Discpline Change of Placement Manifestation Determination Interim Alternative Educational Setting Terms and Definitions

back to top

© Telios Law