The transition for a student from school to post-school (such as college, work, vocational training, adult services) is important. The law requires transition goals for any IEP that is developed when the student is 15 or no later than the end of 9th grade. Transition services are a set of activities that will help the transition. Services under IDEA are provided until a child is 21 or until the child graduates.
clickable chart on educating children with disabilities
- Texas Court Affirms Faith-Based School’s Right to Manage its Discipline Decisions
- Fitness for Duty and Mental Health, Part 2
- Coach Praying on the Fifty-Yard Line Not Entitled to First Amendment Protection
- Defining “Other Legal Disability” and Tolling Colorado’s Statute of Limitations
- Expelling a Student May Violate Pennsylvania’s Public Accommodation Law, Even for a Religious College