We carefully teach children to protect their private areas and not to let strangers touch them or view them except in a medical setting. For a social worker to strip-search a child, and worse yet, then photograph the child, violates this teaching. Research shows that children are humiliated by strip searches and often experience the searches as sexual abuse. Children do not recover quickly from sexual abuse, and sometimes they do not recover at all.
on strip searching children in Colorado
- What can I do to prevent state-sponsored child strip searching in Colorado?
- Do government workers in Colorado really strip-search children?
- Don’t government workers ask for consent before they strip-search or photograph a child?
- How and why does DHS photograph children’s private areas?
- Doesn’t my child have any constitutional rights not to be strip-searched and photographed?
- Does a strip search endanger my child?
- Is this strip-search policy dangerous to our society?
- How does DHS protect these pictures of naked children?
- If DHS cannot strip-search children, will child abuse go unchecked?
- See video announcement about child safety in Colorado